Omega Geneve Chronostop – Limited Edition
Manual – Driver’s Watch – Anno 1967
a rare Collectors item
- Model: Omega Geneve – Chronostop – Drivers Watch
- Case : stainless steel – Acier Inoxydable
- Case Ref#: 145.010
- Caliber: Calibre Ω865
- Serial number: 25.864.281
- Year of production: 1967
- Size. 34,5 mm. (ex. crown).
- Crown: Original crown
- This Omega Geneve Chronostop is with out any doubt the most rare version in the Chronostop collection, which explains why the watch is considered highly collectible among collectors.
- The watch is known as “Drivers watch” or just “Drivers” as the watch was worn under the wrist instead of on top of it. The fact that (12 o’clock was replaced at 3 o’clock) made it an easy view to determine what time was when having both hands on the steering wheel.
- The creation of this specific watch was one of Omega’s attempts in making a radical change in the way a wristwatch was to be worn. The prototype of “Drivers watch” (with the crown placed at 3o’clock) was acknowledge with an honorable mention for best watch in the category: “Sports Chronographs and Watches” in a contest organized by the Swiss Watch Federation on behalf of the Montreal World’s fair in 1966.
- The Chronostop was produced with 2 different movements 865 & 920. Movement 920 has a date indication and movement 865 does not. Both movements are manual wind. Movement 865 was introduced in 1966 and was only produced in 124.000 examples and movement 920 was made 2 years later and only produced in very limited numbers 61.000. Both movements were only ever used in the Chronostop collection, which in total counts only 185.000 Chronostops, which in referral to other models made by Omega must be considered a very limited production.
- This would definitely make a great addition to any sports watch collector’s inventory as it is a absolutly unique and interesting watch made by a legendary manufacturer – a watch only for the few.
- Case: 5
- Caliber: 7
- Dial: 7
Terms and conditions:
*Terms and Conditions apply, according to the Danish Sales of Goods Act (and the CISG).
(Guarentee certificate). For WC classification the following applies:
10: LNIB 9: Mint – 8: Near Mint 7: Excellent 6: Very good 5: Good 4: Fair
To read a closer description visit our website on www.wristchronology.com, grading system)
*In accordance with the Danish Sales of Goods Act we offer 14 day sale or return on used items. However, Wrist Chronology is well aware of the investment involved in acquiring a vintage watch. Thus, we would like to inspire a more secure and trusting experience upon purchasing a vintage time piece.
That is why we, unless otherwise noted, offer a full 1-year (mechanical) warranty on all of our watches.
- The right to complain covers malfunction (the clock stops running) due to clockwork error.
- However, the right to complain does not cover malfunction caused by miscarriage or damage.
- Upon mechanical malfunctions, the watch is to be handed in / sent to our workshop, where we will carry out the necessary repair this as soon as possible.
- For tolerance connected to mechanical watches, the following values normally apply:
- +/- 10-30 seconds per day comprising watches both above in and the ‘excellent’ category.
- For waterproof watches the warranty does not cover water damage, as vintage mechanical watches are exempted from being actually waterproof due to date.