Manual – Anno 1958
- Model: Longines Flagship
- Case: Stainless steel
- Caliber: 30L – manual wind
- Case ref#: 101-3-729
- Serial number: 10.779.769
- Year of production: 1958
- Size: 35 mm. (ex. crown)
- Crown: Original
Longines Flagship – Specialities
- In early 1957 Longines launched a new timepiece named “Flagship”. As the watch was equipped with Longines’ already known and highly honored calibre 30L it became a self-fulfilling prophecy that the FLAGSHIP would become a success, as the calibre 30L was considered bulletproof.
- Giving a timepiece a name was a quite new thing in 1957, which obviously gave Longines a head start and opened up a brand new strategic field in the ways of marketing watches.
- The new “name” concept had earlier been seen in use by Rolex’s when launching Oyster model and by Omega with the model Seamaster from 1948 but at the time the advantages of given a watch an actual name hadn’t been fully exploited, which in many ways gave Longines a solid head start in the ways of identifying, targeting and executing marketing strategies, which was expressed in the planning of targeting the publicity in the context of a world wide advertising campaign.
- Case: 6
- Caliber: 7
- Dial: 6
Terms and conditions
*Terms and Conditions apply, according to the Danish Sales of Goods Act (and the CISG).
(Guarentee certificate). For WC classification the following applies:
10: LNIB 9: Mint – 8: Near Mint 7: Excellent 6: Very good 5: Good 4: Fair
To read a closer description visit our website on www.wristchronology.com, grading system)
*In accordance with the Danish Sales of Goods Act we offer 14 day sale or return on used items. However, Wrist Chronology is well aware of the investment involved in acquiring a vintage watch. Thus, we would like to inspire a more secure and trusting experience upon purchasing a vintage time piece.
That is why we, unless otherwise noted, offer a full 1-year (mechanical) warranty on all of our watches.
- The right to complain covers malfunction (the clock stops running) due to clockwork error.
- However, the right to complain does not cover malfunction caused by miscarriage or damage.
- Upon mechanical malfunctions, the watch is to be handed in / sent to our workshop, where we will carry out the necessary repair this as soon as possible.
- For tolerance connected to mechanical watches, the following values normally apply:
- +/- 10-30 seconds per day comprising watches both above in and the ‘excellent’ category.
- For waterproof watches the warranty does not cover water damage, as vintage mechanical watches are exempted from being actually waterproof due to date.