Certina DS-2 PH 200 M
Automatic – Anno 1968
an early and rare Certina DS Diver
a Collectors item
- Model: Certina DS-2 PH 200 M
- Case: Stainless steel
- Case details: Acier Staybrite collection
- Case ref: # 5801 303
- Caliber: 25-651 Automatic Sweep second w./Date
- Year of production: 1968
- Size. 40 mm. (ex. crown).
- Crown: Original
Certina DS-2 PH 200 M
- The very first Certina diver’s models came on the market around 1960 after the DS line had been produced in 1958 and presented to the public in early 1959.
- Certina DS was an extra ordinary watch that stocked watch connoisseurs as being ground breaking in its construction as well as its design. Soon after the Certina had came to success the Certina DS-2 was designed in 1966 and ready to be launched in 1968 and was soon to become the successor of the Certina DS.
- Alongside with the Certina DS-2 the Certina DS-2 PH 200M was presented was the DS-2 professional dive line. The watch professional dive watches came in two versions. One was waterproof down to 200 meters and the other one to 500 meters.
- The Certina DS-2 PH 500M was among other thing successfully used in the TEKITITE I & II experiments in 1969 and again in 1970. Furthermore the watch was used during the Sealab II experiments by the US Navy.
- More information will come soon.
- Bezel: 5
- Case: 6
- Caliber: 8
- Dial: 6
Terms and conditions:
*Terms and Conditions apply, according to the Danish Sales of Goods Act (and the CISG). (Guarentee certificate). For WC classification the following applies: 10: LNIB 9: Mint – 8: Near Mint 7: Excellent 6: Very good 5: Good 4: Fair To read a closer description visit our website on www.wristchronology.com, grading system) *In accordance with the Danish Sales of Goods Act we offer 14 day sale or return on used items. However, Wrist Chronology is well aware of the investment involved in acquiring a vintage watch. Thus, we would like to inspire a more secure and trusting experience upon purchasing a vintage time piece. That is why we, unless otherwise noted, offer a full 1-year (mechanical) warranty on all of our watches.
- The right to complain covers malfunction (the clock stops running) due to clockwork error.
- However, the right to complain does not cover malfunction caused by miscarriage or damage.
- Upon mechanical malfunctions, the watch is to be handed in / sent to our workshop, where we will carry out the necessary repair this as soon as possible.
- For tolerance connected to mechanical watches, the following values normally apply:
- +/- 10-30 seconds per day comprising watches both above in and the ‘excellent’ category.
- For waterproof watches the warranty does not cover water damage, as vintage mechanical watches are exempted from being actually waterproof due to date.