Certina DS-2 Date
Manual – Anno 1968
- Model: Certina DS-2
- Case: Stainless steel
- Caliber: 25-651
- Ref number:
- Serial number: 7.089.978
- Movement: Manual
- Case number: 346.825
- Year of production: 1968
- Size: 38,5 mm. (ex. crown).
- Crown: Original
sign of the turtle
- The DS-2 was introduced to the market in 1968 as a successor to the successful DS line that was launched in 1959. By that time more than 300’000 pieces of the DS had already been sold. Below you’ll find an original article on the launch of the DS-2 taken from Certina’s proprietary magazine called “Certina Echo” (Winter Edition 1968).Apart from the more formal novelties the model featured a few technical innovations: The crown was partially hidden and posessed a double sealing system. In order to increase robustness the movement fixation was additionally strengthened by extra-strong screws. The floating mount of the movement by means of a rubber ring was taken from its predecessor. Originally the dial was available in 15 different versions. There were two different case materials to choose from: Stainless steel and gold plaque. The gold coated version was marked by a 06 instead of a 01 in the reference number. Furthermore a Chronometer version of 18 karats of yellow gold was available (reference 5880 300).The following in-house movements were included: 25-66 (manual winding Ref. 5201 300), 25-661 (manual winding with date, Ref. 5301 300), 26-651 (“Certidate” Ref. 5801 300) and the calibre 25-652 in the “Certiday” version with day and date (Ref. 5901 300). From 1975 on, towards the end of the production, the improved calibres 25-651M and 25-652M respectively were included. Besides the men’s versions smaller women’s styles were available. The image on the right shows the floating mount of the movement with the elastic antishock ring. This design renders the DS-2 shock-proof and resistant. Proof for that can be found in the numerous pieces that still run like they were new no matter how “fucked up” the case may be.A distinctive detail of the DS-2 self-winding version is the screwed caseback with the circular wavy relief and the turtle in the centre. At the manual winding version, you can find the turtle in the centre too but the rest of the caseback is flat.
- Case: 5
- Caliber: 7
- Dial: 6
Terms and conditions:
*Terms and Conditions apply, according to the Danish Sales of Goods Act (and the CISG).
(Guarentee certificate). For WC classification the following applies:
10: LNIB 9: Mint – 8: Near Mint 7: Excellent 6: Very good 5: Good 4: Fair
To read a closer description visit our website on www.wristchronology.com, grading system)
*In accordance with the Danish Sales of Goods Act we offer 14 day sale or return on used items. However, Wrist Chronology is well aware of the investment involved in acquiring a vintage watch. Thus, we would like to inspire a more secure and trusting experience upon purchasing a vintage time piece.
That is why we, unless otherwise noted, offer a full 1-year (mechanical) warranty on all of our watches.
- The right to complain covers malfunction (the clock stops running) due to clockwork error.
- However, the right to complain does not cover malfunction caused by miscarriage or damage.
- Upon mechanical malfunctions, the watch is to be handed in / sent to our workshop, where we will carry out the necessary repair this as soon as possible.
- For tolerance connected to mechanical watches, the following values normally apply:
- +/- 10-30 seconds per day comprising watches both above in and the ‘excellent’ category.
- For waterproof watches the warranty does not cover water damage, as vintage mechanical watches are exempted from being actually waterproof due to date.