Certina Bristol 235
Manual – Anno 1971
- Model: Certina Bristol 235
- Case: Gold Plated Stainless steel
- Caliber: 25-66 – manual
- Ref number: 5206-230-5
- Serial number: 8.595.568
- Swiss patent number: 346.825
- Year of production: 1971
- Size: 36 mm. (ex. crown).
- Crown: Original
- In the middle of the fifties, a team under the guidance of engenieer Philipp Kurth wanted to design a wristwatch as rugged as possible. Through countless experiments they finally developed the construction principle of the DS models.
- DS stands for “Double Safety”. This was achieved by a floated mounting of the entire movement with an elastic shock absorber ring in addition to the conventional shock absorber (Incabloc). Aside from that, there was an air gap between the dial and case. So the movement could move in all directions. Other features were additional sealings, an extra thick and sheathed Plexiglass, combined with the enhanced caseback.
- Despite the classical styling with the Bombay band lugs, the watch was very robust. She held out bumps up to 6 meters and was water resistant up to 200 meters.
- Case: 5
- Caliber: 8
- Dial: 8
Terms and conditions:
*Terms and Conditions apply, according to the Danish Sales of Goods Act (and the CISG).
(Guarentee certificate). For WC classification the following applies:
10: LNIB 9: Mint – 8: Near Mint 7: Excellent 6: Very good 5: Good 4: Fair
To read a closer description visit our website on www.wristchronology.com, grading system)
*In accordance with the Danish Sales of Goods Act we offer 14 day sale or return on used items. However, Wrist Chronology is well aware of the investment involved in acquiring a vintage watch. Thus, we would like to inspire a more secure and trusting experience upon purchasing a vintage time piece.
That is why we, unless otherwise noted, offer a full 1-year (mechanical) warranty on all of our watches.
- The right to complain covers malfunction (the clock stops running) due to clockwork error.
- However, the right to complain does not cover malfunction caused by miscarriage or damage.
- Upon mechanical malfunctions, the watch is to be handed in / sent to our workshop, where we will carry out the necessary repair this as soon as possible.
- For tolerance connected to mechanical watches, the following values normally apply:
- +/- 10-30 seconds per day comprising watches both above in and the ‘excellent’ category.
- For waterproof watches the warranty does not cover water damage, as vintage mechanical watches are exempted from being actually waterproof due to date.