JeanRichard Geneve AquaStar 60
Automatic – Anno 1959
a rarely seen Collectors item
- Model: JeanRichard Geneve AquaStar 60
- Movement: Automatic
- Model reference: #1681
- Caliber: AS 1681
- Case: Stainless steel
- Case number: 155.XXX
- Year of production: 1959
- Size: 36 mm. (ex. crown).
- Crystal: Replacement
- Crown: Replacement
JeanRichard Geneve AquaStar 60
- What you are looking at here is not an every day kind of guy’s watch but it sure could be mistaken for one. Its watch and brand only a very few people know anything about. Even fewer know what the JeanRichard AquaStar 60 model has achieved and how its design has affected in the horology in total. Not to forget that only a very limited amount people and the fewest among connoisseurs have the slightest clue who the genius behind the design and becoming of the watch actually was…
- The watch was only produced in a very limited period of time stretching from 1958 to 1962.
- The watch was due to the very limited production period only produced in very limited numbers and is considered extremely rare.
- The watch was among the first dive watches with a bidiagonal bezel or at least the first company applying for patent on a bidiagonal bezel. The patent applied was approved for the JeanRichard Geneve AquaStar 60 model.
- The JeanRichard AquaStar 60 was the first watch to be equipped with a slim designed lollipop second hand an achievement, which was copied in the year to come among others Omega copied the lollipop second hand in 1959 as the second version of the Speedmaster with reference CK2998 was released.
- The JeanRichard AquaStar 60 was the first and only watch to be worn at the deep dive ever made in history – the DeepSea Challenge descending to the Mariana Trench – worn by Don Walsh. Read more about Don Walsh’s Mariana Trench watch
- The watch was designed by Frédéric Robert who was chief designer at JeanRichard Geneve and later hijacked to Omega where he became chief of design and the genius behind Omega major success with the Omega Seamaster series and not to forget Jeac Cousteau’s dive watches.
- To sum it all up the JeanRichard Geneve AquaStar 60 is an epic dive watch and despite is rarity a super affordable and extremely collectable watch. – At WristChronology we expect the JeanRichard Geneve AquaStar 60 watches to increase in prices on an expected level ranging from 30-50% during the next 3 to 5 years.
- If you are interested and want to know more about the brand JeanRicard Geneve, the model AquaStar 60 or Frédéric Robert then read our latest article on Don Walsh’s Mariana Trench watch
- Case: 6
- Caliber: 5
- Dial: 6
Terms and conditions:
*Terms and Conditions apply, according to the Danish Sales of Goods Act (and the CISG).
(Guarentee certificate). For WC classification the following applies:
10: LNIB 9: Mint – 8: Near Mint 7: Excellent 6: Very good 5: Good 4: Fair
To read a closer description visit our website on www.wristchronology.com, grading system)
*In accordance with the Danish Sales of Goods Act we offer 14 day sale or return on used items. However, Wrist Chronology is well aware of the investment involved in acquiring a vintage watch. Thus, we would like to inspire a more secure and trusting experience upon purchasing a vintage time piece.
That is why we, unless otherwise noted, offer a full 1-year (mechanical) warranty on all of our watches.
- The right to complain covers malfunction (the clock stops running) due to clockwork error.
- However, the right to complain does not cover malfunction caused by miscarriage or damage.
- Upon mechanical malfunctions, the watch is to be handed in / sent to our workshop, where we will carry out the necessary repair this as soon as possible.
- For tolerance connected to mechanical watches, the following values normally apply:
- +/- 10-30 seconds per day comprising watches both above in and the ‘excellent’ category.
- For waterproof watches the warranty does not cover water damage, as vintage mechanical watches are exempted from being actually waterproof due to date.