Manual – Anno 1964
- Model: Enicar Sherpa
- Case : Stainless steel
- Case ref: 2342
- Ref#: 140-89-06
- Caliber: AR 1140
- Year of production: 1964
- Size: 36 mm. (ex. crown)
- Crown: Original crown
The late 1930s – 50s were the period of great change in the traditional watch making industry. Different watch manufactures started to develop more specialised watch that each served specific purposes. A tendency that leads Enicar to the development of a series of Sherpa watches: Dive, Divette and Mini-dive with endurable designs that can live up to extreme harsh environment – corrosive seawater, high pressures, and rapid temperature changes.
In 1956 a group of mountaineers were set on an expedition to conquer the summit of Mount Everest. The Swiss Expedition was equipped with Enicar chronometers, which had brought the world’s acclaim after the ascent. Ernst Reiss, was one of the members of the expedition, credited the watch for having keeping an exceptional precision in extreme weather conditions.
Click here if you want to know more about the history of the Swiss watch manufacture Enicar
- Case: 7
- Caliber: 8
- Dial: 7
Terms and conditions
*Terms and Conditions apply, according to the Danish Sales of Goods Act (and the CISG).
(Guarentee certificate). For WC classification the following applies:
10: LNIB 9: Mint – 8: Near Mint 7: Excellent 6: Very good 5: Good 4: Fair
To read a closer description visit our website on www.wristchronology.com, grading system)
*In accordance with the Danish Sales of Goods Act we offer 14 day sale or return on used items. However, Wrist Chronology is well aware of the investment involved in acquiring a vintage watch. Thus, we would like to inspire a more secure and trusting experience upon purchasing a vintage time piece.
That is why we, unless otherwise noted, offer a full 1-year (mechanical) warranty on all of our watches.
- The right to complain covers malfunction (the clock stops running) due to clockwork error.
- However, the right to complain does not cover malfunction caused by miscarriage or damage.
- Upon mechanical malfunctions, the watch is to be handed in / sent to our workshop, where we will carry out the necessary repair this as soon as possible.
- For tolerance connected to mechanical watches, the following values normally apply:
- +/- 10-30 seconds per day comprising watches both above in and the ‘excellent’ category.
- For waterproof watches the warranty does not cover water damage, as vintage mechanical watches are exempted from being actually waterproof due to date.